How to Perform a Cross Leg Side Bend Stretch Exercise
Trust us, the cross leg side bend exercise looks as good as it feels! Take two minutes out of your day to stretch out some of those tight spots.
Here is Myotherapist Alli, demonstrating a side bend stretch aiming to stretch the whole side of your body.
Give it a go and tell us how good you feel after!
Cross Let Standing Side Bend Stretch
- Begin by standing with your feet hip-width apart.
- Cross one leg over the other, placing the foot firmly on the ground.
- Extend one arm overhead towards the opposite side.
- Gently bend your upper body towards the side of the crossed leg, feeling a stretch along the side of your torso.
- Hold the stretch for 20-30 seconds while maintaining steady breathing.
- Repeat the stretch on the opposite side by crossing your legs in the opposite direction and bending towards the other side.
- Perform 2-3 sets of this exercise on each side, gradually increasing the duration of the stretch as your flexibility improves.